Thyme to Create

Home Forums Welcome to WATT Thyme to Create

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

thyme2create
    Participant

Hi

My name is Sonja Galsworthy, I am a professional embroiderer and teacher trained at the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court in all forms of traditional embroidery. I currently teach embroidery at all levels from beginners at Surrey Adult Ed classes to more experienced embroiderers at the RSN and London Embroidery School. I love all crafts though and don’t limit myself just to embroidery. I love to upcycle old clothes and furniture using lots of methods like decoupage, funky upholstery and paint effects.

I have been thinking lately about my heart client and discovered I really want to bring embroidery to young people and show them it doesn’t have to be stuffy or old fashioned. We need to inspire young people to keep these techniques alive and create the next generation of embroiderers before it dies out. I’m currently trying to work with my daughters school about starting a lunch club for 7-9yr olds as this is the best time to get them engaged. I would also love to break into the home school sector but so far I’ve found it a closed environment if you aren’t a home school parent… any advice or help on this would be lovely!

The website is on the way shortly but you can join my facebook page for interesting articles on lots of arts and crafts people that inspire me as well as my fun projects and embroidery classes    http://www.facebook.com/thymetocreate

If you have a group of friends that fancy learning embroidery in a fun way or have a venue that might be interested in running a class please call me on 07748 591 685  or email sonja@thyme2create.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
+ Reply To Topic

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.