Do you need one?

Home Forums Money Matters Business Plans Do you need one?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Shann

At Chuckling Goat, we didn’t get a business plan in place until we had to put one together for an investor. What’s your experience? Did you start out with a business plan, or do you still not have one? Do you find it necessary or helpful? How did you put yours together?

juno1
    Participant

I had a business plan but in my head. When I finished at Howies in Carmarthen, I took a month off which left me time to think how I was going to set my business up. The first thing I did was to install a business landline, then bought my computer equipment which was installed the day after the telephone and broadband. In the meantime I had a friend who designed my business cards and letter headed paper. I then turned my attention to how I was going to market my business and get my name out there. Again I had a friend who helped me with my marketing letter. Once the business cards and paper arrived, my business was up and running.  I wrote out to local companies in the surrounding areas of Cerdigion, handing out business cards and distributing fliers and it took off from there. I got my first work with a client two weeks after I was up and running. I then put a target in place which was to get another days work and build it up from there. I just took it once step at a time. I don’t have a business plan in place anymore but at the beginning it was very helpful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
+ Reply To Topic

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.